- Member of JSA 2007 - 2015
- Onela's work is inspired by an interest in architecture and travel to many different cities; old, new, dilapidated, edgy and beautiful.
Bjorn Rune Lie
- Member of JSA 2006 - 2015
- Bjorn Rune Lie is a Bristol based Illustrator and Printmaker
- Bjorn's drawings, paintings and prints are inhabited by a cast of bizarre and outlandish characters of extreme proportions
- Light and movement are the essence of Jan's work. Working collaboratively with people with diverse skills and experience Jan undertakes commissions to transform architectural spaces.
- Member of JSA 2008 - 2013
- Inspired by nature
- Currently pursuing new projects in America
- Member of JSA 2008 - 2009
- Recently moved to London to work as an artist
- Now working on the promotion of his latest collection of work; 'We All Want the Swamp'
- Member of JSA 1999 - 2001
- Left JSA to start Botany Art Studios in St. Werburgh's, Bristol, which is still running
- Now sells his work nationally, from his own pottery in the New Forest
Painter and Installation artist
- Member of JSA 2001 - 2005
- Christopher is a painter and installation artist based in Berlin
- He also works for a number of galleries including 'Haunch of Venison', Berlin and 'Weissfaktor; raum fur zeitgenosische kunst'
Installation, Painting and Drawing
There are narratives within my installations and drawings that can be interpreted in different ways. I adopt strict working practices, which involve meticulous research, and the sourcing of specific materials, to sustain the authenticity of the work.
- Member of JSA 2014 - 2015
- Cut and paste fanatic, collage is at the heart of his practice, as he combines a variety of source material to create new worlds.
Set and Installation Designer
- Member of JSA 2014 - 2015
- Rebecca is a creative omnivore. Getting hands-on lets her imagination out, breathing life and character into everything from set design and installations to creative events.
- Member of JSA 2009 - 2015
- Anthony is interested in the vastness and spectacle of a landscape and his paintings attempt to convey a sense of weather and moment.
- Member of JSA 2011 - 2015
- Řivind Hovland is an experienced freelance illustrator with a long list of international clients, covering a broad range of media
- His work has been short-listed for Best Norwegian Newspaper Illustrator
- Member of JSA 2004 - 2006
- 2009 Cameroon assisting on a film about Mary Kingsley as photographer
- Currently doing printmaking and photographic projects
- 2011 Embarking on 3 year part time MA in 'Multi Disciplinary Print' at University of West of England
Sculptor and Installation Artist
- Member of JSA 2003 - 2005
- After leaving JSA, Lizi went onto study an MFA at Goldsmiths College, London
- Since graduating, Lizi has stayed in London, where she currently lives and works
- Member of JSA 2002 - 2009
- Left Jamaica Street Studios, to teach Art full time. Still living in Bristol and focusing more on photography
Jamaica Street Artists
is made up of both emerging and established artists and we try to keep in touch with ex-studio members, many of whom have have gone on to achieve international success. 'Friends of JSA' highlights some of the artists that have passed through the studio over the years, showcasing their achievements including progression onto courses at some of the UKs most prestigious art schools and adventures in England and abroad.
If you are a previous member of JSA we would love to hear from you, please get in touch on email@example.com and tell us what you are up to.