- Glaiman originally began his artistic career as a Graphic Designer and despite abandoning this particular field for painting, in relation to his personal practice, he lectures in this area.
- Glaiman has existing connections with the UK, having been awarded a British Council Fellowship which enabled him to undertake an MA in Fine Art at Central St Martins College of Art & Design, London. Glaiman maintains an active relationship with the city and current projects include the community art project ‘Rivers of the World’ with the Thames Festival and The British Council.
- Glaiman’s practice delves between two traditions those of Rio de la Planta which seeks the transcendent and those of the U.K which are more distant and objective. The works choosen for Open Studios are Glaiman’s attempt to deal with myth and the transcendent in the form of a fable.
Francisco Miranda / Tooco
Visual Artist and Graphic Designer
- Tooco studied Graphic Design at the University of Buenos Airies, where he now lectures. A self-taught Illustrator as well, he currently works for local and international clients.
- In 2008 he participated as speaker at the Seventh International Graphic Design Congres (TRIMARCHI DG) and in 2010 he was selected by Ruth Benzacar Gallery of Buenos Aires, for the event Curriculum Zero. Other career highlights so far include "Ritual", a group exhibition held at Causey Contemporary gallery in New York, with 25 other international artists, organized by the Honeycomb artista agency in 2011.
- Tooco’s work features colour explosions, detailed concepts and strokes “Any process always starts with paper and pencil. There is a gesture, a flow of things, which you can hardly find in a series of zeros and ones”.
Visual Artist and Graphic Designer
- Waisman initially studied Graphic Design, before progressing to Illustration and most recently has completed a degree in Communication. Waisman now works in a multitude of areas as a Designer, Photographer, Illustrator, Teacher and Theorist of Media.
- For Waisman painting and illustration come together to emerge in abstract stories. Working in a mainly small and medium format, Waisman works in watercolour pencils, markers and pens. The search for colours and their relations are aimed at desaturation, contrast, empty moments and places of color overlays, forms are at times relaxed and others more flow off the hand more rapidly.
- Bolasini is a freelance Illustrator based in Buenos Aires, since graduating from University of Buenos Aires in Graphic Design.
- Bolasini is currently working in publishing, illustrating children’s books and magazines.
- Biscione studied Graphic Design at the University of Buenos Airies, and is currently studying illustration under Silvia Mato. Biscione is a founding member of the ‘Marta y Alberto’ project where bags are made and hand printed in silkscreen:
- Working primarily with pencil on paper, Biscione penetrates the paper to add volume. Themes are mainly based on the reverie and oneiric situations with great imagination.
INTERNATIONAL GUEST ARTISTS
This year, JSA have been exploring international links through our resident artists in the studio. We are highlighting these relationships through a series of cultural exchanges. This year sees the inclusion of five exciting and diverse artists from Argentina whose work in some way focuses on alternate realities. A selection of their work will be on display during the Open Studio weekend.